Visit us for our 2022 Airport Day aviation experience event on Monday, May 30th, 2022! (NEWLY RESCHEDULED)
Airplane rides, helicopter rides*, and more! – Proceeds benefit scholarship fund!
Stop by to learn about aviation, your local airport, and ask how you too can become a pilot.
The event will take place
Monday, May 30th, 2022 (new date), during the Azalea Festival, at Brookings Airport, from 10am-5pm (weather permitting).
* – Helicopter ride availability has not yet been confirmed for this year.
Depending on availability, static display airplanes and helicopters may be present for people to look at throughout the day.
Food service may also be offered at the event.
The club will offer plane rides to the public for $35 per person. The minimum age for riders is age 3. For safety reasons, riders must be capable of boarding and exiting the aircraft without assistance and operating a seat belt.
A limited quantity of helicopter rides may be available. The price for a helicopter ride is $85 per person. Helicopter rides typically sell out very early in the day when they are offered.
The Brookings Flying Club puts on this annual event to help promote and stimulate community interest and involvement in aviation, to promote aviation safety, and to provide educational opportunities for the youth of Curry & Del Norte Counties through a scholarship program.
One of the many goals of the Brookings Flying Club is to interest youth in pursuing an aviation career. Accordingly, the Brookings Flying Club provides scholarships for students seeking an education in that field. For more information, please visit the “Scholarship Program” page under “Aviation Resources”.
- How should I buy a ticket? Should I buy one in advance to secure a spot?
- Tickets are sold in person only – First come, first serve. Gates will open for ticket sales at 10am. There is no way to purchase tickets in advance.
- Who can ride?
- Generally, there is a 250lb weight limit per passenger, and a 500lb per flight passenger weight limit. This varies aircraft to aircraft. If you have concerns about being close to or over the weight limit, please inquire at the ticket desk prior to purchasing.
- Riders must be over the age of 3.
- For safety reasons, riders must be capable of boarding and exiting the aircraft without assistance.
- What can I bring with me on my flight?
- Please leave carry-ons and personal items behind in your vehicle as much as possible. Loose objects in the cabin may create a safety hazard, and often cause boarding/de-boarding delays. Small items which fit in your pockets or which you can keep in your hands such as small cameras, phones, etc are okay. Backpacks are not.
- What should I bring with me?
- Earplugs are a good idea to bring.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- The BFC accepts credit cards from all major issuers, as well as Apple Pay / Google Pay contactless payments.
- How is the money used?
- Proceeds go towards the BFC scholarship fund.
- How long is the flight?
- Flights typically last 15-20 minutes from boarding to de-boarding.
- How long is the wait?
- This is very difficult to predict. Sometimes rides have little to no wait, other times when waits are long you will be given a return time. We have food service available at the airport and other activities for you in case there is a delay.
If you have additional questions, please call 541-412-5103.