Brookings Flying Club General Meeting
Brookings Airport, Brookings, OR
February 10, 2021
Call to order: President Kyle Rice called the meeting to order. This is a virtual meeting
Reading of Minutes: The minutes from January were presented and stand as read.
- VP Comments.
- None noted
- Fuel Farm Manager
- Alan Nidiffer reported the fuel farm is in good working order.
- We are in need of a 100LL fuel load, watching cash position closely.
- Need additional fuel checkers
- 100LL system appears to have a small leak at a junction in the hardline between the filter and the meter.
- Jet A system needs new flex hose between the meter and the reel
- Airplane Maintenance.
- It is noted that the prop on the club plane has been sent out due to rock damage.
- Treasurer & Scholarship Committee Leader
- We have a low cash position with recent expenditures. Will be keeping a close eye on expenses and timing with cash availability.
- May need to move cash from investments to cover fuel purchase
- Revisiting rental rate with Henry (accountant)
- Discussion of Youth in Aviation Program. Rosie as committee chair – discussion on makeup of committee as well as a discussion on previous youth airport field trips.
- COVID protocols were discussed and no changes made
- Flight instruction committee report. It was noted that the airplane was done for propeller repair. Doug is committee chair, would like to revisit safety programs during regular club meetings.
- The subject of in-person vs virtual meetings was discussed. How and when should we return to in-person? Looking at April as a possibility.
- PAC committee meeting update with Nelson reporting. 2 proposals for airport improvements were submitted to the city, but with costs over 40 million. There will be a followup meeting in 2 months
Meeting Adjourned: The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 PM.
Respectfully submitted by Alan Nidiffer