Brookings Flying Club General Meeting
Brookings Airport, Brookings, OR
January 8, 2020
Call to order: President Nelson Sprague called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
Reading of Minutes: December 2019 minutes were read and approved
- VP Comments.
- Hangar office construction update – nearly completed.
- Volunteers to finish the floor are needed.
- Fuel Farm Manager
- Alan Nidiffer reported the fuel farm is in good working order.
- Discussion on making fuel testing easier – perhaps moving sump pumps to ground level
- Airplane Maintenance.
- Aircraft is in Grants Pass for Avionics upgrades
- Sent 430 in for repair
- G5 installation
- End of January estimated completion
- Discussion to require training for pilots on new equipment
- Map light needs to be replaced again
- Bill Moves to purchase a new LED Map light
- Peter 2nd the motion
- Group votes in favor of the purchase
- Treasurer & Scholarship Committee Leader
- Peter is the new club Treasurer and gives an account balance report
- Doug Hansen gives a ground school update, classes started this week
- It was reported that Don Blue and Tom Moore have passed away.
- The opportunity to purchase the adjacent hanagar from Warren Glaze is discussed. Warren has offered the hangar for $20,000
- Nelson with talk with Warren about the purchase price and terms of a sale. If a favorable deal can be made, the club is in favor of the purchase.
- Youth Aviation Partners update
- Discussion about a potential program (grant funded) to give flying lessons to local students.
- Overall costs estimates have started. Up to 20 students. More discussion needed about who will own the program and run it.
Meeting Adjourned: The meeting was adjourned at 7:41 pm
Respectfully submitted by Alan Nidiffer