Brookings Flying Club General Meeting
Brookings Airport, Brookings, OR
January 9, 2019
Call to order: President Nelson Sprague called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
Reading of Minutes: December minutes were read and approved
- VP Comments.
- Fuel Farm Manager
- Alan Nidiffer reported the fuel farm is in good working order.
- 8,000 gallon Jet Fuel order received last week.
- Placards needed for waste fuel barrels
- Airplane Maintenance.
- Annual and 100 hour inspection recently completed
- A test flight revealed a vibration, airplane grounded until cause determined
- New LED lights need further modifications to operate correctly
- ADS-B and NAV/COM #2 install pending this month
- Treasurer & Scholarship Committee Leader
- Bill reports no scholarship applications
- Transition underway to new Treasurer, George Luks
- Hangar cleanup committee needed to organize club hangar space
- It was suggested that club instructors standardize training curriculum.
- An Accurate membership list has been created.
- 21 Flying members
- 27 Non-Flying members
- 48 members total
- It was suggested the club compete and investor profile and consider changing investment strategy with invested funds at Edward Jones.
- The idea of formal membership cards was discussed
- New member application for Derek Wood was approved
- Kyle suggested a youth program to encourage kids interest in flying. Are there volunteers to help?
- Kyle seeking input on member survey content
- Jay Trost gave an update from the City of Brookings on airport operations
- Water system improvements
- Engagement of an engineering firm for an updated airport master plan
- Working on removing the resident Mooney from the west side of the field
- Beginning a hangar waiting list with the city.
- General message of open lines of communication
Meeting Adjourned: The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Alan Nidiffer