Brookings Flying Club General Meeting
Brookings Airport, Brookings, OR
September 13, 2017
Call to order: President Nelson Sprague called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
Members and Guests Present: no notes
Reading of Minutes: August minutes were read and approved
- Fuel Farm Manager Alan Nidiffer reported the Jet Meter has been replaced. Alan also met with a representative from World Fuel and will now be in more regular contact with the fuel company now that they have a rep for our area. New ground reel will be ordered. We have sold approx 7,000 of Jet Fuel during the Chetco Bar Fire. Fuel levels are being closely monitored.
- Airplane Maintenance.
- No Squaks reported. Aircraft is ready to fly.
- Treasurer & Scholarship Committee Leader
- No report
- Water service to the airport is progressing. Pipes have been placed and we are waiting for the final connections to be complete
- The possible airport ownership transition to the City of Brookings is still under discussion between the two sides.
- The Navy fuel bill is still not complete. Nelson has the contact information he will pursue
- The date for the annual club picnic and flour drop is set for October 11 at the airport. Alan will head up the invitations
- Hangar roof repairs will happen when Edwards Roofing is available.
- Don Blue has sold his hangar and airplane. The club will need a new mechanic for the next annual to the airplane
- Kyle reported a new glass cockpit option for the Cessna 172 is due to be released soon. This is noted as a possible upgrade to the plane in the future. The cost is $18,000.
- The need to install the blinds in the terminal building was brought up.
- Kyle proposed a survey be sent out the club asking member opinions on various activities and fees
Meeting Adjourned: The meeting was adjourned at 8:12 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Alan Nidiffer