Brookings Flying Club General Meeting
Brookings Airport, Brookings, OR
August 14, 2019
Call to order: President Nelson Sprague called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
Reading of Minutes: July minutes were read and approved
- VP Comments.
- Fuel Farm Manager
- Alan Nidiffer reported the fuel farm is in good working order.
- 100LL fuel order imminent.
- New filter vessel installed on 100LL tank
- Still a leak on Jet A pipe. Will engage PP&T to investigate
- Airplane Maintenance.
- 100 hour inspection scheduled for next week
- Ordered retread tires
- Seat belts are original and showing wear. Will investigate rebuild vs new options
- Turn coordinator needs replacement.
- Repairs to avionics completed
- Treasurer & Scholarship Committee Leader
- Moved CD funds from Rogue CU to Edward Jones
- Old “Float” airplane needs to be moved out of hangar. Hang from trusses?
- New member introductions.
- Club airplane battery incident report. Alternator left off during a flight, resulted in a dead battery and faulty starter relay.
- Club is concerned the city of Brookings is not mowing the airport regularly, along with other minor maintenance going undone. Nelson will send a letter on behalf of the club detailing these concerns.
- Fall Club BBQ, scheduled for September 21.
- The desire to construct a small office in the corner of the club hangar was discussed
Meeting Adjourned: The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm
Respectfully submitted by Alan Nidiffer